The Define Survey module of Engage SURVEY will allow you to create any number of employee or pulse survey campaigns based on a combination of a survey model, diagnostic or pulse survey questionnaire, survey participants, and survey campaign settings.
Ingredients of an Employee or Pulse Survey Campaign
A survey campaign – whether a regular 6-monthly or annual employee survey, or a series of short pulse surveys – comprises the following key ingredients:
- Survey model & questionnaire – survey model (survey questions grouped into one or more survey constructs) and related online diagnostic or pulse survey questionnaire;
- Participants – either all the participants in the employee list, as captured by means of the Manage PARTICIPANTS module or as included in a virtual structure, or any arbitrary subset of the employee list (individual employees and/or business units), unless you want to run the survey as a public (open) link that anyone can respond to;
- Communications – edited version of the inherited invitation and reminder email content;
- Survey settings – start, reminder and end dates for the survey campaign; and
- Test emails – survey links sent out via test emails so select individuals can test and validate the survey before going live with the survey.
Defining an Employee or Pulse Survey Campaign
The Define Survey menu item will allow you to create a new survey campaign (combination of a survey model/questionnaire, survey participants and survey communications), or to edit, copy or delete an existing survey campaign.
A list of existing survey campaigns will be displayed in the work area. Click on the New button to create a new survey campaign, or select an existing survey campaign from the list (it should be highlighted in burgundy), and then click on the appropriate toolbox function in the side panel or in the toolbox dropdown menu to edit or copy the survey campaign. The Delete survey option will only be available if the survey campaign has not yet been launched.
||New survey campaign – click on the button to create a new diagnostic or pulse survey campaign.
||Survey campaign name – list of all the past or currently available survey campaigns.
||Survey campaign type – survey campaign type, i.e. diagnostic or pulse survey.
||Survey campaign status– status of the survey campaigns, i.e. pending (still to be launched), open (currently running), or published (survey already closed and survey results published).
||Survey campaign start date – start date of any Open surveys.
||Survey model – name of the survey model that was used in the survey campaign.
||Survey model owner – business unit who is the owner of the survey model which is used in the survey campaign.
||Show only owned models – show only survey models associated to the same business unit(s) that the logged-in user is assigned to.
||Survey campaign participants – names or number of business units that were included in a survey campaign.
||Create a new survey campaign
Click on the New survey toolbox function in the side panel or on the New button in the work area to create a new survey campaign. A dialogue window will come up where you can enter the name of the survey campaign and select the survey model and related questionnaire, and then click on the OK button when you are done. Select the Virtual Structure option to create a survey campaign based on a previously created virtual structure, and select the virtual structure from the dropdown field that will come up. See the Virtual Structures section for more on this, or click here.
The new survey campaign will be created, and the Edit survey work area and a number of sub-menu items in the side panel will be displayed:
- Configure – set or change the survey model and questionnaire, and set the survey start, reminder, and closure dates (see Edit Survey Campaign for more on this);
- Participants – select the survey participants from the employee list (see Select Survey Participants for more on this), unless you want to run the survey as a public (open) link that anyone can respond to;
- Communications – edit and finalize the survey invitation and reminder email contents (see Survey Communications for more on this);
- Test emails – send and manage test emails with the survey link to select individuals (see Managing test emails for more on this).
||Edit an existing survey campaign
To edit the parameters and settings of an existing survey campaign, select the survey campaign (it should be highlighted in burgundy), and then click on the Edit survey toolbox function in the side panel or in the toolbox dropdown menu. Alternatively, just double-click on the survey campaign name to edit it; the Edit survey work area and a number of sub-menu items in the side panel will be displayed (see the New survey section above for more).
||Copy an existing survey campaign
To copy an existing survey campaign, select the survey campaign (it should be highlighted in burgundy), and then click on the Copy survey toolbox function in the side panel or in the toolbox dropdown menu. A dialogue window where you can confirm that you want to copy the survey campaign will come up. Click on the OK button to save the survey campaign. An iteration number (#1) will be added to the name of the new survey campaign. You can edit or rename the survey campaign by means of the Edit survey function.
||Delete an existing survey campaign
Select a survey campaign (it should be highlighted in burgundy), and then click on the Delete survey toolbox function in the side menu or in the toolbox dropdown menu in the work area. A dialogue window where you will be required to confirm that you want to delete the survey campaign will come up. Click on the OK button to delete the survey model. Please note that an active survey campaign cannot be deleted.
|For more information, click on a sub-menu item at the top of the page⇑ or in the right margin⇒